Embers Ad Infinitum
Author:Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, 爱潜水的乌贼
Genre:Fantasy, Sci-fi, Seinen, Mature, Supernatural
Embers Ad Infinitum
In this latest work by Lord of the Mysteries author, Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, be prepared for a well-thought out and detailed apocalyptic, cyberpunk world with a setting superseding Lord of the Mysteries!
Our protagonist, Shang Jianyao, is crazy—literally crazy, at least that’s what the doctors said. Living in a huge, underground building of Pangu Biology, one of the few remaining factions in this apocalyptic wasteland known as the Ashlands, he acts in unfathomable ways that’s head-scratching, comical, and shrewd. So is he really crazy? Probably.
He has a grand dream: to save all of humanity.
Intricately tied to this dream is something everyone in the Ashlands believes in: Deep in a particular ruin buried away by danger and famine, a path leading to a new world awaits. To step into the new world, one only needs to find a special key and open that certain door.
There, the land is bountiful, as if milk and honey flows freely.
The sunlight is dazzling, as if all coldness and darkness are washed away.
The people will no longer have to face desolation, monsters, infections, mutations, and all kinds of dangers.
There, children are joyous, adults are happy, everything is fine as they are supposed to be.
Every Antiquarian, Ruin Hunter, and Historian roaming the Ashlands knows: That’s the New World.
- Chapter 101: Reward
- Chapter 102: Medical Record
- Chapter 103: Special Training
- Chapter 104: Steadily Advancing
- Chapter 105: Neo-Human
- Chapter 106: The Technique to Report
- Chapter 107: Garbage In, Garbage Out
- Chapter 108: A Chaotic Night
- Chapter 109: Blackout
- Chapter 110: Rules for Friendly Partnership
- Chapter 111: Preparation
- Chapter 112: Setting Off Once Again
- Chapter 113: Ashlands Ecosystem
- Chapter 114: Biological Agent
- Chapter 115: Trick to Negotiations
- Chapter 116: Morning
- Chapter 117: Approaching
- Chapter 118: Camp
- Chapter 119: Taste
- Chapter 120: ‘Provocation’
- Chapter 121: Transaction
- Chapter 122: Missionary
- Chapter 123: Mass
- Chapter 124: Settled
- Chapter 125: Weed City
- Chapter 126: History
- Chapter 127: Auntie Nan
- Chapter 128: Library
- Chapter 129: Rookie Fresh Out of the Oven
- Chapter 130: Pity
- Chapter 131: Can Be ‘Trusted’
- Chapter 132: Meeting an Old Friend in a Foreign Place
- Chapter 133: Confirming the Direction
- Chapter 134: Gunshot
- Chapter 135: Guild Brass
- Chapter 136: Unexpected Clue
- Chapter 137: Economic Brain
- Chapter 138: Seeking Confirmation Carefully
- Chapter 139: Failed
- Chapter 140: Report
- Chapter 141: Official Hunter
- Chapter 142: Exchange of Intelligence
- Chapter 143: Last Man
- Chapter 144: Eugene
- Chapter 145: People of Action
- Chapter 146: Elimination
- Chapter 147: Have It End Here
- Chapter 148: Self-inflicted Tragedy
- Chapter 149: Countermeasure
- Chapter 150: Double Effect