Embers Ad Infinitum
Author:Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, 爱潜水的乌贼
Genre:Fantasy, Sci-fi, Seinen, Mature, Supernatural
Embers Ad Infinitum
In this latest work by Lord of the Mysteries author, Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, be prepared for a well-thought out and detailed apocalyptic, cyberpunk world with a setting superseding Lord of the Mysteries!
Our protagonist, Shang Jianyao, is crazy—literally crazy, at least that’s what the doctors said. Living in a huge, underground building of Pangu Biology, one of the few remaining factions in this apocalyptic wasteland known as the Ashlands, he acts in unfathomable ways that’s head-scratching, comical, and shrewd. So is he really crazy? Probably.
He has a grand dream: to save all of humanity.
Intricately tied to this dream is something everyone in the Ashlands believes in: Deep in a particular ruin buried away by danger and famine, a path leading to a new world awaits. To step into the new world, one only needs to find a special key and open that certain door.
There, the land is bountiful, as if milk and honey flows freely.
The sunlight is dazzling, as if all coldness and darkness are washed away.
The people will no longer have to face desolation, monsters, infections, mutations, and all kinds of dangers.
There, children are joyous, adults are happy, everything is fine as they are supposed to be.
Every Antiquarian, Ruin Hunter, and Historian roaming the Ashlands knows: That’s the New World.
- Chapter 51: Division
- Chapter 52: Lying In Wait
- Chapter 53: Hyena
- Chapter 54: Slap
- Chapter 55: Suspicion
- Chapter 56: Meeting Up
- Chapter 57: Exchange of Intelligence
- Chapter 58: Cause
- Chapter 59: A Mood “Regulator”
- Chapter 60: Destination and Intent At Odds
- Chapter 61: Drawing
- Chapter 62: Tunnel
- Chapter 63: City
- Chapter 64: At Night
- Chapter 65: Searching the Rooms
- Chapter 66: Midnight
- Chapter 67: City at Night
- Chapter 68: Inspection
- Chapter 69: Crossfire
- Chapter 70: Intelligence
- Chapter 71: Reminder
- Chapter 72: Depression
- Chapter 73: Imagery Destroyer
- Chapter 74: Underground Corridor
- Chapter 75: Expectant Mother
- Chapter 76: Exchange in the Illusion
- Chapter 77: Separation
- Chapter 78: The Source of the Illusion
- Chapter 79: Friends
- Chapter 80: Blockade
- Chapter 81: Meeting Again
- Chapter 82: Eager to Assume the Role of Teacher
- Chapter 83: A Lit Up City
- Chapter 84: Silhouette of the Old World
- Chapter 85: Battle Power
- Chapter 86: Reminder
- Chapter 87: Something Once Had
- Chapter 88: Ending of the Song
- Chapter 89: Returning Home
- Chapter 90: Small Test
- Chapter 91: Drawing
- Chapter 92: Familiar Life
- Chapter 93: Island
- Chapter 94: Consultation
- Chapter 95: Individual Reactions
- Chapter 96: Shang Jianyao’s Countermeasure
- Chapter 97: Experience Counts
- Chapter 98: Understanding the Situation
- Chapter 99: Clues in Public News
- Chapter 100: Evernight Parish