Embers Ad Infinitum
Embers Ad Infinitum
In this latest work by Lord of the Mysteries author, Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, be prepared for a well-thought out and detailed apocalyptic, cyberpunk world with a setting superseding Lord of the Mysteries!
Our protagonist, Shang Jianyao, is crazy—literally crazy, at least that’s what the doctors said. Living in a huge, underground building of Pangu Biology, one of the few remaining factions in this apocalyptic wasteland known as the Ashlands, he acts in unfathomable ways that’s head-scratching, comical, and shrewd. So is he really crazy? Probably.
He has a grand dream: to save all of humanity.
Intricately tied to this dream is something everyone in the Ashlands believes in: Deep in a particular ruin buried away by danger and famine, a path leading to a new world awaits. To step into the new world, one only needs to find a special key and open that certain door.
There, the land is bountiful, as if milk and honey flows freely.
The sunlight is dazzling, as if all coldness and darkness are washed away.
The people will no longer have to face desolation, monsters, infections, mutations, and all kinds of dangers.
There, children are joyous, adults are happy, everything is fine as they are supposed to be.
Every Antiquarian, Ruin Hunter, and Historian roaming the Ashlands knows: That’s the New World.
- Chapter 251: Li Zhe
- Chapter 252: Heresy
- Chapter 253: A Scientist That Doesn’t Resemble One
- Chapter 254: Research Institute
- Chapter 255: Interrogation
- Chapter 256: Clam Dragon Church
- Chapter 257: Illusion
- Chapter 258: Bar
- Chapter 259: Night
- Chapter 260: Anomaly
- Chapter 261: Resolving the Chaos
- Chapter 262: Real Charlatan
- Chapter 263: Aftermath
- Chapter 264: Intel from the Details
- Chapter 265: Changing Train of Thought
- Chapter 266: Zhou Yue’s Reminder
- Chapter 267: Major Progress
- Chapter 268: ‘Construction Work’
- Chapter 269: Here “Again”
- Chapter 270: Fatal Experience
- Chapter 271: Real and Fake
- Chapter 272: Strange Illusion
- Chapter 273: Old World’s Big Data
- Chapter 274: Another Possibility
- Chapter 275: Third Visit to Nanke Convent
- Chapter 276: Staying Behind
- Chapter 277: Consciousness Infection
- Chapter 278: Everything is But a Dream, Why So Serious?
- Chapter 279: Celebrities
- Chapter 280: Room
- Chapter 281: ‘Agreement’
- Chapter 282: Source Brain
- Chapter 283: Future Path
- Chapter 284: Inspection
- Chapter 285: ‘Seduction’
- Chapter 286: ‘Principles’
- Chapter 287: Night Road
- Chapter 288: Understanding
- Chapter 289: The Confused Robot
- Chapter 290: Return
- Chapter 291: Good Days
- Chapter 292: Honest Robot
- Chapter 293: Notorious
- Chapter 294: Social Engineering
- Chapter 295: Plan
- Chapter 296: A Puzzling Attitude
- Chapter 297: Saviors
- Chapter 298: If One Can Influence the Heart of the Opponent, One Will Avoid War
- Chapter 299: Piece of Paper
- Chapter 300: Coward