Embers Ad Infinitum
Embers Ad Infinitum
In this latest work by Lord of the Mysteries author, Cuttlefish That Loves Diving, be prepared for a well-thought out and detailed apocalyptic, cyberpunk world with a setting superseding Lord of the Mysteries!
Our protagonist, Shang Jianyao, is crazy—literally crazy, at least that’s what the doctors said. Living in a huge, underground building of Pangu Biology, one of the few remaining factions in this apocalyptic wasteland known as the Ashlands, he acts in unfathomable ways that’s head-scratching, comical, and shrewd. So is he really crazy? Probably.
He has a grand dream: to save all of humanity.
Intricately tied to this dream is something everyone in the Ashlands believes in: Deep in a particular ruin buried away by danger and famine, a path leading to a new world awaits. To step into the new world, one only needs to find a special key and open that certain door.
There, the land is bountiful, as if milk and honey flows freely.
The sunlight is dazzling, as if all coldness and darkness are washed away.
The people will no longer have to face desolation, monsters, infections, mutations, and all kinds of dangers.
There, children are joyous, adults are happy, everything is fine as they are supposed to be.
Every Antiquarian, Ruin Hunter, and Historian roaming the Ashlands knows: That’s the New World.
- Chapter 301: Last Problem
- Chapter 302: Search
- Chapter 303: The Same Night
- Chapter 304: Mad Dash
- Chapter 305: Corpse
- Chapter 306: Strength in Numbers
- Chapter 307: The Truth of the Past
- Chapter 308: Why
- Chapter 309: Behind the Coincidence
- Chapter 310: Return
- Chapter 311: New Rules
- Chapter 312: A Feast
- Chapter 313: Growth
- Chapter 314: Breakthrough
- Chapter 315: Researcher
- Chapter 316: Hypothesis
- Chapter 317: Chatting Genius
- Chapter 318: 13 Major Domains
- Chapter 319: Naturalism Church
- Chapter 320: Like a Dream
- Chapter 321: Strange Room
- Chapter 322: Promotion and Raise
- Chapter 323: Exploring Again
- Chapter 324: Communal Joy
- Chapter 325: That City
- Chapter 326: The Method of Opening
- Chapter 327: April
- Chapter 328: Perilous Meeting
- Chapter 329: ‘Brotherly Love Runs Deep’
- Chapter 330: Warped Flattery
- Chapter 331: Sudden News
- Chapter 332: Morning Bell
- Chapter 333: Lining Up
- Chapter 334: First City
- Chapter 335: Making Friends
- Chapter 336: Things That Need to be Done
- Chapter 337: Unique Sights
- Chapter 338: Bathhouse
- Chapter 339: Being Frank
- Chapter 340: Value of Intelligence
- Chapter 341: Strange Sounds
- Chapter 342: Expenses
- Chapter 343: Bidding
- Chapter 344: “Encounter” on the Road
- Chapter 345: “Suggestion”
- Chapter 346: The Full Act
- Chapter 347: Amidst Chatter
- Chapter 348: Black Shirts
- Chapter 349: Black Tea
- Chapter 350: Divergence